Helicopter - Shotover Rafting
Combine the thrill of whitewater rafting with a spectacular helicopter flight high above the Shotover River, Queenstown!
A short but scenic flight takes you over Skippers saddle and follows the twist and turns of the narrow canyon walls before landing at the rafting launch site at Deep Creek.
It is here that you will learn the ins and outs of white-water rafting from your skilled guides during the safety briefing. Secure your helmet and life jacket, grab a paddle and jump on board the rafts to take up the challenge of rafting the mighty Shotover River.
- Helicopter flight to the rafting launch site in Skippers Canyon
- Whitewater rafting down the Shotover River
- Full wetsuit clothing and rafting equipment
- Hot showers at the rafters lodge
- Courtesy transfers from check-in location to activities
At the Queenstown Combos/Challenge Rafting desk inside Queenstown Information Centre
What to bring:
- 13 years old
- Those under 16 years must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Those under 18 years must have signed parent/guardian consent
- Pregnant women are unable to participate in any of these activities
- If you have any previous neck or back injuries please provide details
Minimum Weight Restrictions:
- MINIMUM weight of 40 KG for Rafting